Ever wanted a simple way to manage quality assurance tests which integrates seamlessly with JIRA? Now, you can do it easily with Xray for JIRA. It supports both manual and automated tests and provides useful reports to track the quality and requirement coverage of your projects.
Xray for JIRA is an add-on developed by Xpand Add-ons, an Atlassian Solution Partner. It is available for purchase in .
Check out the documentation below or jump right into the key features.
Xray for JIRA is a complete Test Management tool for JIRA. It is a full featured add-on for JIRA that does not require any other software in order to run.
Xray supports the complete testing life cycle: test planning, test designing, test execution and test reporting. We do this by using special JIRA issue types, so you can use all JIRA benefits that you are used to.
Our aim is to help our clients improve the quality of their systems and that's why since our first version, Xray supports both manual and automated tests, including full support for Cucumber tests using natural language (i.e. English).
Feel free to contact us and we will be glad to help you implement effective test management, or just answer your questions or even make a demo.
Discover why so many people and organizations choose Xray for JIRA, every single day.
- Create, organize, plan and execute your manual and automated tests (Cucumber supported natively; it also supports other test frameworks)
- Manage all your tests, either manual or automated, in the same way
- Seamless integration with JIRA and JIRA concepts
- Makes use of JIRA issues for test management, allowing customization of screens, workflows, attributes, all the JIRA stuff you love
- Ensure consistency by storing test definitions for past executions
- Track changes in all your test artifacts
- Easily integrate and extend using Xray's REST API
- Integrate with your favorite Continuous Integration tool, including Bamboo and Jenkins
- Import test definitions, for both manual and automated tests, from Excel (CSV)
- Import existing automated tests, including Cucumber Scenarios/Scenario Outlines
- Import automated tests and their results from automated test frameworks through JUnit, Nunit and other runners
- Extensive configuration options
- Custom test and step statuses
- Major languages supported (English, German, French, Spanish)
- Widely used by many organizations, including Fortune 500 companies
- Keep always up-to-date with constant releases
- Ready to use: install and use it right away
Create, view, edit, clone tests
Attachments on Test Steps
Link to Defects and Requirements
Imbued Generic Automated Tests
Native support for BDD (Gherkin/Cucumber)
Preconditions for test cases
Re-use preconditions between test cases
Multiple preconditions for test cases
Organize tests by project, version, component and label
Organize tests in Test Sets
Create, edit, clone and schedule test executions
Ad hoc style (execute unplanned tests)
Personalize and create Test Run and step statuses
Track with progress bars on Test Execution/Cycles and Test Plans
Track requirement coverage/status directly on issues, as an attribute
(Traceability, Test Plans and Test Executions metrics, Overall and Historic Requirement Coverage)
Number of built-in reusable gadgets
Explore and evolve
Advanced query language
(extensive list of JQL functions)
Consistency (Test changing non-retroactivity on past executions)
Using of JIRA issues benefits
Test, Pre-Condition, Test set, Test Execution, Test Plan
Extensive configuration, including behavior
Per project configuration
Support for project separation between requirements and tests
Seamless integration with JIRA's native Agile boards
CI Integrations (Jenkins, Bamboo)
Cucumber, JUnit, Nunit, Robot Framework, RSpec, Selenium, Xamarin Test Cloud, Behave
Exporting Tests to fully customized DOC/PDF/Excel with Xporter
Integration with other JIRA related tools (e.g. Confluence)
Integration with other top-notch add-ons
UI Supported languages
English, German, French, Spanish